"NaturalVision Evolved" is currently in early access and coming when it's finished!
You can use "NaturalVision Remastered" in the meantime if you'd like.
Early Access: https://patreon.com/razedmods
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/J6y2ABJ
NaturalVision Remastered (NVR) is a "work-in-progress" visual overhaul mod. Numerous changes were made to the environmental weathers, lighting system, ambient colors, tonemapping, weapons system, select textures and much more in order to blur the line between fantasy and reality.
The goal was to try and make GTAV look visually similar to Southern California in real life. In order to achieve this, research on the Los Angeles (Los Santos) and Salton Sea (Sandy Shores) regions was conducted using hundreds of photos and hours upon hours of video footage. All of this was necessary in order to produce the most realistic visual experience currently possible with GTAV's limited game engine.
The aesthetic behind NaturalVision Remastered was inspired by Forza Horizon, Watch_Dogs, GTAIV and a variety of other games.
Numerous visual details were taken from those titles and remade in GTAV's various weathers.
Unlike most graphics mods, NaturalVision Remastered does not rely on ReShade for its looks. This allows for players to enjoy a massive boost in performance.
There are numerous optional add-ons included with this mod, ranging from a depth of field modifier, motion blur enhancer, LSPDFR related tweaks and much more. This gives users the ability to customize the game to their liking.
It also includes an optional ENB and ReShade package which produces effects such as improved vehicle anti-aliasing, sharpening, deband and more.
Install guide is included in the super detailed "README" file within the download.
The README is currently available in the following languages:
English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Korean and Chinese
Please read everything carefully in the readme before commenting about an issue. There is a good amount of useful information in there that should help troubleshoot your issues and also answer your questions.
IMPORTANT You must put your GTAV display brightness at 50% for the best possible experience.
With NaturalVision Remastered, your in-game performance will be about the same as vanilla.
The only thing that matters is how you currently run GTAV without mods and the FPS you receive on average.
If you plan on using ReShade then you may experience performance loss, but it's not necessary to use it anymore.
There is little to no performance loss with ENB by itself, so feel free to use that.
Optional: Install VisualV before installing this mod
October 24, 2018 Update
• New Add-On: Weapon Overhaul Pack
• New Add-On: Brighter Vehicle Tail Lights
• New Add-On: Trash Modifier
• New Add-On: Disable Wet Roads Effect
• New Add-On: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL
• ENB Config: Updated the ENB version and tweaked settings. Now includes Skylighting, SSAO and SSIL effects
• ReShade Preset: Updated certain shaders and tweaked settings
In total, all of the add-on's were updated. Please view the readme for more information on each add-on.
• Updated the timecyclemods.ini config within the "Main Files" folder
• Moved weapon tweaks and vehicle texture modifications from the main mod to optional add-on packages
• Made various changes and improvements to the ExtraSunny, Clear, Foggy, Overcast and Thunder weather timecycles
• New Cloudy weather timecycle inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2 with improved cloud lighting
• New Neutral weather timecycle based on a foggier version of ExtraSunny weather
• Modified certain cloud textures and updated the v_clouds.rpf file
• Clouds will now spawn quickly when changing weathers via trainer
• Improved puddles during Rainy weather
• Improved lighting strike / cloud burst properties for Thunder weather
• Added a new starfield texture exported from Final Fantasy XV
• Fixed the "Hide Weapon Reticle and Damage Overlay" add-on
• Fixed a texture bug effecting a small number of vehicles
• Fixed a carcols related bug effecting emergency vehicle lights
• Fixed a bug causing street lamps to flicker during night time
• Reduced the excessive glow on taxi roof signs
• Removed support for the "Darker Nights" add-on
• Removed "NVR Lite" and "NVR FPS Boost" versions as they are no longer needed
• Improved compatibility with FiveM and added more optional packages
Do not redistribute these files without my permission. Thanks!
Q: Why are there rainy weathers?
A: Because it looks cool. You can change the weathers in the trainer or by editing your own settings.
Q: Why do I see dark patches on my windshield?
A: Because you are using the wrong version of this mod. This is a rain mod and uses a different system to handle rain than other mods such as Realistic Water Two, so there will be some issues with windshield reflection at night until they fix their own system. However, this mod is still fully functional without these issues, and you can still use it to create rain-free windshield reflections if you wish. If you want full functionality, use Realistic Water Two and download the optional "Fix Rain" pack which will fix all rain related issues with this mod and make it fully compatible with RW2.
Q: How do I get rid of all of these annoying clouds?
A: You can change weathers