To install this:
1. in the archive, choose a folder (high, medium or low quality), then choose a file (only the roads or the roads with semi transparent map) and extract it
2. go to OpenIV click on tools, select package installer, browse for oiv file and install it (I recommend installing it in mods folder)
Optional: - if you want a less transparent radar (to see it better), extract the “less transparent radar” folder and install that oiv too; !!!it will replace graphics.ytd from update/update.rpf/x64/textures, so if you already have something modded here, replace radarmasksm.png from “manual install” folder, in your graphics.ytd
- if you want to see only the map, not the interiors, install no interiors.oiv; !!!it will replace minimap.ytd from update/update.rpf/x64/patch/data/cdimages/ scaleform_minimap.rpf, so if you have modded blips, please backup that file
- I also added atlas style interiors and maps for north yankton and cayo perico (you can try high quality version, but if you have big frame drops or any crash when it loads an interior/tunnel/map, you can try a lower quality); !!!again, this will replace minimap.ytd
3. The End.
To uninstall this :’(
- extract the uninstall folder and run the uninstaller
- if you installed less transparent radar/atlas interriors/maps/no interios, use the uninstaller for them too (or manual uninstall for less transparent radar)
A high quality map like racing games (Need for Speed/Forza Horizon/The Crew/etc.); you can have only the roads exactly like many racing games, or the roads with semi transparent map; you can install a less transparent radar (to see it better); you can install atlas interiors and atlas maps for North Yankton and Cayo Perico, or you can remove the interios to see only the map.
- Pause menu map can load slowely at times, because it loads the whole high resolution map, and it doesn’t have coverage like the original map.
- With max zoom, the quality isn’t awesome, but still ok.
- Few roads with a slightly bad position (not something big).
- With atlas interiors/maps, you can get frame drops when it loads them.
- If you see a really bad placed/non existing in game/missing thing, please tell me.
1.0 - initial release; high quality; fixed the blurry radar so you don’t need to install radar zoom; the mod won’t decrease the fps but the pause menu map is loaded slowely so I added medium/low quality version if you want it to load faster or if you have other loading problems; option to install a less transparent radar to see it better; added oiv to remove the interiors if you want to see only the map; added atlas style interiors and atlas maps for north yankton and cayo perico
My mods for GTA 5 https://www.gta5-mods.com/users/LorenVidican
All of my mods https://www.gtainside.com/user/LorenVidican
Patreon for my full mods https://www.patreon.com/LorenVidican
Gmail/Paypal [email protected] YouTube http://www.youtube.com/c/LorenVidican
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.